We’re excited to showcase the City of Chicago during the inaugural NASCAR Chicago Street Race Weekend, July 1-2. Minimizing disruptions and educating local residents, businesses and organizations on what to expect leading into the event is a top priority. We’ll continue to update the information below as more detail is available, so please check back often.
NASCAR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MEETING
SIDEWALK & STREET CLOSURES
The City of Chicago and NASCAR officials have worked closely to develop a traffic plan that outlines street closures, parking restrictions, and pedestrian routes in and around Grant Park. As Chicago hosts the first-ever Cup Series street race in NASCAR’s 75-year history, residents and visitors are encouraged to be mindful of the traffic impacts, as well as safety measures in place.
As the course and viewing structures are assembled and disassembled, Chicago residents can expect to see street closures, parking restrictions, reroutes, and traffic impacts. All businesses and residences will remain accessible throughout the race weekend.
For additional questions, please contact [email protected].
These routes are scheduled to be available; however, additional streets may be closed by the City of Chicago, if deemed necessary:
- DuSable Lake Shore Drive Northbound will remain open from South Shore Dr to I-55 merger. To visit the Museum Campus: Exit at 31st St and utilize Fort Dearborn Dr to proceed north and access 18th St.
- DuSable Lake Shore Drive Southbound will remain open from Hollywood Blvd to Randolph St.
- Inner DuSable Lake Shore Drive lanes will remain open in both directions.
- Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) lanes will remain open in both directions.
- Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) lanes will remain open in both directions.
- Eisenhower Expressway (1-290) lanes will remain open in both directions.
- Stevenson Expressway (I-55) lanes will remain open in both directions.
- State St
- Dearborn St
- Clark St
- LaSalle St
- Wells St
- Franklin St
- Upper Wacker Dr
- Lower Wacker Dr
- Randolph St
- Washington St
- Madison Ave
- Roosevelt Rd - West of Michigan Ave
- 18th St
- Cermak Rd
Please pay attention to posted signage detailing parking restrictions. Vehicles that are not removed from the street by the designated date and time will be ticketed and towed as we ensure streets are at full capacity. For inquiries about towed vehicles, call 312-744-4444. Find your vehicle website.
We appreciate your support in creating a safe environment for the community residents, visitors, and spectators of the event.
SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING®
NASCAR Welcomes Chicago’s Own McDonald’s as Founding Partner of Chicago Street Race Weekend
McDonald’s Becomes the First Founding Partner of the First-Ever NASCAR Cup Series Street Race in NASCAR’s 75-Year History